Hydraulic Drive Systems
For years using mechanical drivelines has been the standard method of powering tank trailer unloading equipment. Today there is a better way to drive this equipment: hydraulically.
Benefits of a hydraulic drive system over conventional mechanical drivelines:
- Added safety because there are no exposed rotating components
- Less maintenance
- Equipment can be mounted almost anywhere on the tractor or trailer
- Ability to operate several pieces of equipment from a single PTO opening
- Longer pump/blower/compressor life with slow start up and overspeed control
- Easier operator control of equipment speed
- Reverse rotation of equipment (if applicable)
- Hydraulic relief valve settings give added protection from catastrophic equipment failures
Gardner Denver Drum
Using the Hydrapak hydraulic oil cooler enables your system to run more efficiently. The Hydrapak is a compact, lightweight unit that combines hydraulic oil cooling, low volume reservoir, filtration and pressure relief valve in one easy to install package. Rapid cooling of the oil allows for a smaller size oil reserve tank (located inside the Hydrapak). This weight savings, as much as 550 lbs., can be used to increase your cargo weight. Available in flows up to 60 gallons per minute, the Hydrapak can be spec’d into light, medium and heavy duty drive systems.
Offering PTOs for a variety of transmissions and applications. From standard torque models, to the heavy duty 800 series, to powershift (shift-on-the-go) models, Chelsea can meet all your PTO needs. Output options are available for direct mount hydraulic systems and driveline driven equipment.
Hydraulic Pumps & Motors
The key components in any hydraulic system are the pump and motor. D&W can help you specify the correct hydraulic motor or pump for your application. We offer components with cast iron construction, direct or remote mount, single or tandem, 2 and 4 ports, bi-rotational, and capacity to pump 4 to 75 gallons per minute. Hydraulic systems for applications such as dumps, live floors, and low boys are also available from D&W.
When you need hydraulic hose, hose ends, adapters and crimping equipment, think Weatherhead. Weatherhead is one of the most respected names in the hose industry. D&W stocks a wide variety of hydraulic hoses to meet your needs and we make custom hose assemblies while you wait.
D&W Tank Truck
We provide a variety of services to our tank truck customers:
- Drive-in services for installation of hydraulic drive systems on your vehicle
- Troubleshooting of your existing system
- Experienced technicians to make any repairs or perform upgrades to meet your needs
- Application engineering of systems and package units
- Fabrication of mounting brackets and package units
- Flow Control
- Hydraulic radiators
- Remote hydraulic relief valves
- Selector valves
For safety and versatility—hydraulically drive your tank truck unloading equipment with a system from D&W.